Carabao Milk Ice Cream: The Healthier and Tastier Choice
I've been often asked why we decided to use carabao's milk for the ice cream we make. Well besides the fact that ice cream made from carabao’s is not only really delicious, it is better for us than regular ice cream. Carabao's milk ice cream is lactose-friendly (it has 10% less lactose than cow's milk), perfect for those that are lactose-intolerant (like my husband). This makes carabao ice cream so much easier to digest.
Below are other interesting facts about carabao's milk:
- Carabao milk contains 7-8% fat, These fats provides more nutritional energy and can help increase your muscle mass
- It has 10% less lactose than cow's milk
- Cholesterol content of carabao milk is 0.65 mg/g as compared to 3.14 mg/g for cow milk
- Carabao milk has 11.42% higher protein than cows milk
- It is an extremely rich source of calcium and other essential minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. Carabao milk is superior to cow's milk in calcium (+9%), iron (+37.7%) and phosphorus (+118%)
- Carabao's metabolize all dietary carotene into vitamin A, which is passed into their milk
- The presence of higher levels of immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, lysozyme, lactoperoxidase make carabao milk suitable for special dietary and health foods
So what are you waiting for? Our fresh, handcrafted Carabao ice cream is simply a healthier, guilt-free blissful treat. Click here to see what we have available in the freezer at the moment.